Click here

to return back to my website.





Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ekka week

It is that time of the year for the Brisbane  Ekka and I am very honoured this year in being asked to judge the Ekkas cake competition.I am really looking forward to a sneak preview of Queensland Cake talent this Saturday prior to the shows opening.I have also sponsored a cake category and wish everyone that enters the very best .

This week has been busy with cakes and  classes and emails for cake classes and bridal cake bookings.
Please remember that my classes are only small and so do fill quickly and for cake bookings I need at least 2 weeks notice for party cakes and with wedding cakes a couple of months notice.

I received the latest Modern wedding cakes from the publisher in the week, prior to it be circulated at the newsagents  and was very pleased with the cakes they choose that I had submitted.
Most bridal magazines will not travel  up to Queensland for photo shoots and so I have to email my photos to them. For those that know me photography is not my forte! Anyway as you know that familiar saying practise makes perfect, well then I must have been practising with the camera  as the pictures look beautiful!

The magazine has a mixed array of the latest trends in designs  and again a lot of colour and ruffles are at the for front in designs at the moment. Tall elegant cakes and the simple classics are also featured.

 A couple of weeks ago I created  a 7 tier wedding cake (actually 9 tiers as 2 tiers were double stacked!) and delivered and set this up at Versaces.

The assembly of the cakes took 2 and a half hours with  every sugar  flower  placed in  a micro flower pick.The results was a very tall beautiful cake sugar roses and sugar phaelenopsis in a beautiful venue for a beautiful couple.

One last thing .....I meet a lot of medical staff through my classes and I would really like to get their message across to all that read this blog  Have you ever donated blood ? or perhaps you can consider donating?

My husband and I would  regularly donated blood in the UK but due to Mad cows disease risk  (and yes I know what your thinking!!!) we cannot donate here in Oz and blood supplies are an all time low.

The blood banks simply need more.Can you help change that?

Have a good week, Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilac sugar roses stacked cake.

Lilac sugar roses stacked cake.

Black and white themed cake.

Black and white themed cake.

Gazebo fountain Wedding Cake

Gazebo fountain Wedding Cake

Pink and white theme sugar lily wedding cake.

Pink and white theme sugar lily wedding cake.

2 tier pilared square cake with red sugar roses.

2 tier pilared square cake with red sugar roses.

Shooting Stars Cake

Shooting Stars Cake

Tiffany Cake 2 day workshop, beautiful work.

Tiffany Cake 2 day workshop, beautiful work.

Personalised figurine 1 day workshop

Personalised figurine 1 day workshop