Click here

to return back to my website.





Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ekka Show

Hello everyone  and I hope you have all had a great week.

Last Saturday I joined a group of lovely judges and spent the entire day at the Ekka judging the cake categories.The stewards provided beautiful morning tea, lunch and constant coffee throughout the day.What a wonderful service they provide and the extent of their hardwork I hope is recognized, thank you.

What a wonderful array of designs, colours and shapes, amazing sugar  flowers used to decorate the cakes and the smell of the fruit cake as it was been cut just deliscious!
The childrens cake  category was just wonderful and the standards that were achieved makes me reiteratee the potential of getting our children involved in this amazing craft.I find, when I teach childrens classes, which I run several times a year from my home based cake studio as well as my yearly sessions at Christmas at my local library, the children have no inhibitions, no doubts, they just create! We all need to encourage them and nuture them in all that they do.

Now for those that know me baking is my love and passion that began  when I was a child  and those gorgeous guys from Southern Cross baking group are doing what they do best, sharing their amazing skills, passion and deliscious recipes again .

Southern Cross Baking group are hosting An Introduction to Baking with Preferments visit their website to book your spot.http://www.southerncrossbakinggroup.com.au/news/bookings-open-for-first-event-of-master-class-series/


(Louis Lesaffre Cup Master Class Series)

Brett Noy will demonstrate 3 breads of the Australian Baking Team made with preferments:

•Traditional Baguette

•Decorative Baguette

•Old Style Sandwich Bread

Brett was the captain for the Australian team that competed in the Louis Lesaffre Cup, China 2011. He has real world experience on how these unique breads can fit into a production schedule.

Will McPhail will discuss technical components:

•Using bakers % in formula construction

•Introduction to the biology of sourdough

•Important aspects in controlling a leaven

Will was the coach for the Australian team competing in the Louis Lesaffre Cup, China 2011. He spends much of his time developing practical applications from technical knowledge for use in small bakeries.

At the end of this class you will have had a chance to taste a range of different breads. You will have a better understanding of this production style, recipes and technical information to better assess the benefits of baking with preferments and their role in your production.


Date: Tuesday 20th Septempber

Location: Bakels Test Bakery

Address: 100 Compton Rd

Underwood, Brisbane

Time: 9:00am - 2:00pm

This is a great session and I highly recommend it, as I attended their last bread day.
I will not be attending as I have a designer handbag class that I am teaching and I am being a handbag diva for the day!

Have a great week, Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilac sugar roses stacked cake.

Lilac sugar roses stacked cake.

Black and white themed cake.

Black and white themed cake.

Gazebo fountain Wedding Cake

Gazebo fountain Wedding Cake

Pink and white theme sugar lily wedding cake.

Pink and white theme sugar lily wedding cake.

2 tier pilared square cake with red sugar roses.

2 tier pilared square cake with red sugar roses.

Shooting Stars Cake

Shooting Stars Cake

Tiffany Cake 2 day workshop, beautiful work.

Tiffany Cake 2 day workshop, beautiful work.

Personalised figurine 1 day workshop

Personalised figurine 1 day workshop