Click here

to return back to my website.





Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cakes International Show Telford May 2012


I have less than 5 days before I leave on Friday for the UK Cakes International show.
Mary of Merrivale cakes has organised the trip and myself and 9 other cake decorators from Brisbane and the surrounding areas are attending and a few of the group are entering the various competitions.

The 2 categories I am entering are OD2 and OD6
The first is a wedding cake with a modern theme and anything goes! perfect ! and the second is the rich fruit cake category and for those that have tasted my fruit cake I think I will give the UK entries a run for their money!

So the problems willl be transporting and asembling the cakes for the competition, so I plan to try and write a blog every couple of days to let you know how I get on.The fact the cakes have to travel a few miles! will be a little nerving.

We are attending some classes with Marion Frost and Karen Davies, before the show as well as doing a little sightseeing and I shall pretend to be a tourist!

The  group will then be attending a 2 day skills scholl with Elaine MacGregor, originally from Australia, now living in Sussex, UK. and the talented Alan Dunn, who recently visit us in Brisbane for a few classes.The lovely John Hoi of Melbourne, will be teaching at the Cakes International Show as well as releasing his first book and I am really excited on getting a copy.

After the show our group will be travelling down to London for a few days and attending 2 classes with Peggy Porschen and Mitch Turner, ooohhh this is so exciting, plus I love their styling of the studios and stores too! For those that have attended my classes and been in my cake studio, I am sure that in my next life I might be an  interior designer !

After that I am back up to Liverpool  for a class with David of Davids Cakes, who is about to leave for an American Cake decorating trip,  one of his brilliant royal icing class and then back down South to London  for a class with the amazing talented, Robert Haynes.

I also am visiting my brothers Jason and Wayne and my lovely Aunt Winnie, who will be my fruit cake sampler after the cake has been sampled by the judges from the show! She is a tough critic!!!

All in all, I am truly looking forward to this trip and catching up with family and friends.
 Check out my blog for my cake adventure travels!

I will be back in OZ early June, with news of my soon to be printed cake book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilac sugar roses stacked cake.

Lilac sugar roses stacked cake.

Black and white themed cake.

Black and white themed cake.

Gazebo fountain Wedding Cake

Gazebo fountain Wedding Cake

Pink and white theme sugar lily wedding cake.

Pink and white theme sugar lily wedding cake.

2 tier pilared square cake with red sugar roses.

2 tier pilared square cake with red sugar roses.

Shooting Stars Cake

Shooting Stars Cake

Tiffany Cake 2 day workshop, beautiful work.

Tiffany Cake 2 day workshop, beautiful work.

Personalised figurine 1 day workshop

Personalised figurine 1 day workshop