Click here

to return back to my website.





Monday, March 21, 2011

What a week!

Last weekend my husband and I attended the 101FM Live and Local Logan business show.
The Albert and Logan came out to my cake studio and I posed for the front cover( in an Ace Ventura Pet Detective cover !)
I attended several networking workshops and had a varied time, what I mean by that  it was a bit of an eye opener.
I listened to amazing inspiring speakers and attended the Fridays morning breakfast network meeting.
I sat at the back of the marque during the breakfast and a young woman stood up and spoke about cancer and how it had affected her family.She told us of her son that had passed away to cancer at such a young age and told us of how she set  up a charity, I could just about hear what she was saying as the  speakers could have been louder and the 3 tables behind were non stop chattering.With sevearal people glancing back at them , the chatting just continued in the end I got up and asked them could they keep their chatting down , there response was that they could not hear anything themselves.I replied we can just about hear if they were to be quiet!
Why do people bother attending these events and chatter through them? Why not just go to the Coffee club?if then want to have a chin wag and a bite to eat? That lady deserved for that room to all be quiet, where is the respect? Okay rant over!

I also attended a talk by John  Anderson of Contiki tours empire a wonderful inspiring ongoing story and I bought his book,Only 2 seats left.  A funny wonderful and inspiring read.John received a standing ovation at the end of his talk.
Friday evening I went home and baked just under 400 cupcakes by 1.30am they were decorated and boxed and ready for Saturdays show! My 2 wonderful apprentices,Matt and Adam assisting!

We raised just under $700 for the flood appeal and I also sold boxes of 24 to the various companies that attended.
I met a real lovely group of guys that were filming small businesses and we had to film  for a minute( in my case or two!) and my husband answered the visitors  questions with a knowledge that even dazzled me!
He explained all about  the different classes , the different levels and  what they will get up to and how pleased they will be when they leave with their finished cakes ! He is now back in my good books after The Junior Masterched incident( for those that know wink wink!)

Anyway I met some fantastic businesses and a lovely Logan Mayor who was very thought provoking and inspired me  and best of all I had a message on my answerphone on Friday afternoon from Paul the producer of the Great South East Show  that the cup cake class that they recorded will be aired Sunday 3rd of April Wa hoo!

I have also received nominations for Quest business achiever awards so if you would like to vote for me can you click onto the link below, thank you and have a really good week.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.questawards.com.au%2F&h=88fce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilac sugar roses stacked cake.

Lilac sugar roses stacked cake.

Black and white themed cake.

Black and white themed cake.

Gazebo fountain Wedding Cake

Gazebo fountain Wedding Cake

Pink and white theme sugar lily wedding cake.

Pink and white theme sugar lily wedding cake.

2 tier pilared square cake with red sugar roses.

2 tier pilared square cake with red sugar roses.

Shooting Stars Cake

Shooting Stars Cake

Tiffany Cake 2 day workshop, beautiful work.

Tiffany Cake 2 day workshop, beautiful work.

Personalised figurine 1 day workshop

Personalised figurine 1 day workshop